It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Future of DR in Guild Wars
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:50 am 
Old Timer
 WWW  Profile

Due to tons of stuff, I haven't been able to be online for ages. When the leader is absent for a long time the leadership is automatically passed on to another member, who happened now.

I am forced to quit all gaming for a while. Our 2nd child is calculated to arrive in just 6 weeks and it's mostly me taking care of everything here at home already now and I have almost no time at all for the computer, can't even remember when I got 5 minutes of gaming last time.

We have two choices here:
1. Keep the guild DR-pure. To keep the leadership amongst ourselves and take things in our own pace or
2. Let Haemateth step in. Haem is an experienced leader and I even think she's been playing Guild Wars already since Beta. With her as the leader we would always know about events, have the latest info and a huge knowledge-base. She's also really active.

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Future of DR in Guild Wars
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:02 pm 
Armchair Warrior

I am not sure if anyone else from the guild has much gaming time either at least GW time... last time I checked everyone was inactive for two weeks or more. I haven't played for a long time too..
So I guess setting her as the leader wouldn't do much but why not.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:39 pm 
New Kid

to be honest I was playing DR from beta, I just did not play it for the last 12 months of its NCsoft "life" as I had commitments in Guildwars and I was being dragged into RoM as well as other games by various people.

Saying I would dilute it is a little bit of a insult, just because I wasn't a big community DR player didn't mean I didn't play or enjoy the game or participate in its growth. I was one of the first people signed up to test it long before the subs system came in.

I felt enough to spend the in game platinum to set you up in a guild, attach it in alliance to my husbands guild (I wanted you to keep your individuality and not just merge with us) and start you off so you wouldn't be alone - and that is actually my biggest priority... that no one is left stranded in a game that can be daunting and boring without company. Well at least the first campaign anyway. Its dull as dish water and as slow as molasses.

Either way I will still help when asked, but I cannot see the roster or who's online in the DR without leaving my husbands guild and joining it. Nor can I sit in game for hours hoping some one will come on.

I personally run a "Tour of Tyria" night (1 night a week for about 8-12 weeks) which goes through the primary quest & mission line to help lowbies and new players alike through the first campaign. Unfortunately I cant run it from this forum, I need to run it from ours ( http://gw.cojguild.com ) as it gets bigger "audience". I also run "Canthan Canter" (luxon) and "Elona Elovance" (route picked in advance as it splits in 2 places) for those with those campaigns.

The quickest I've completed all 4 campaigns is 3 days solid but it skips story lines in places ;)

Also if you want to go 'dungeoneering' you kinda need to get past ascending in the desert so I can run trips into the "Tomb of the Primeval Kings" and "Sorrows furnace" as well as enter the God realms of "Fissure of Woe" and "Underworld". Now weve been running regular events for these but you wouldnt know it :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 pm 
Rabbit Puncher

Posse: The Hun of Gover

I'm sure LM didn't mean to imply anything insulting. We all greatly appreciate your help in getting the DR guild up and running. Unfortunately, partly due to time and partly due to a decrease in interest, I haven't played it in a while. Since you were playing DR at beta (longer than many of us), that definitely qualifies you as a true-blue Dungeon Runner. :D

To be honest, GW isn't the kind of game I would put a lot of time in, what I miss most about DR is just jumping into pvp for half an hour or an hour. Maybe I could do the same with GW, but I'm just not motivated to build my character or learn the tactics well enough.

So I'm all for handing leadership to Haem, but, speaking for myself, I doubt I'll be playing much- sorry.

and good luck with the kids, LM. I'll tell you guys all about my kids when I have them....just give me another ten years or so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:14 am 
Old Timer
 WWW  Profile

Nebrius wrote:
We all greatly appreciate your help in getting the DR guild up and running. Unfortunately, partly due to time and partly due to a decrease in interest, I haven't played it in a while.

I think we all agree. The help who Haem gave us will be remembered and appreciated for a long time. It's just that it don't seem like GW can fill in the void from Dungeon Runners and keep the interest. Since we all got it for free I think most will play it back and forth on occasion and under the colors of DRR.

Nebrius wrote:
and good luck with the kids, LM. I'll tell you guys all about my kids when I have them....just give me another ten years or so.

Hahahaha! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:53 pm 
Rabbit Puncher

Posse: Mad Cap Warriors

LordMagnus wrote:
Nebrius wrote:
We all greatly appreciate your help in getting the DR guild up and running. Unfortunately, partly due to time and partly due to a decrease in interest, I haven't played it in a while.

I think we all agree. The help who Haem gave us will be remembered and appreciated for a long time.

Indeed it will. Generosity like that is rare these days, and all the more appreciated when someone shows it.

GW is a fun and good game, but it is too different from DR to fill the need that Dungeon Runners was able to fill. That doesn't in any way make it a less good game. Just a different one.

So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me... you won't succeed. If that makes me a bitch, so be it. I embrace the title, and am proud to bear it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:20 am 
New Kid

another issue you will want to raise is if you want the guild to be present in the new GW2 when it arrives (guestimate christmas 2011 but its already late as Arenanet have been focusing on QA and functionality before beta)

For the guild to "exist" in GW2 by automatic entry Arenanet already have said the guild leader will need to have fulfilled the requirements to have a completed Hall of Monuments - which is only available to those with the expansion Eye of the North (one with all the dungeons in it and at the top/bottom of the prophesies campaign map)

This is also the requirement to carry any character names over (apparently) into GW2 (just the character have a HoM entry or have access to an account bound one)

So you also need to look at the possibility some of you may want to play GW2 and if you would :-
1, want to keep the DR guild in GW2 or
2, Join CoJ or PPP in GW2

Just to say however they have said they will keep the GW1 servers up and running as long as profitable, which they estimate up to 4 years after the release of GW2.

BTW if you notice I say "Arenanet" not "NCSoft" as Arenanet is the programming house, NCSoft only take care of marketing, billing and support (thats why we say first stop wiki for issues as the arenanet staff are there)