It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Server Emulator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:37 am 
New Kid
 YIM  Profile

Yaaassss. If you guys need any help/server hit me up. Always glad to help.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:19 am 
New Kid

Some things have happened and I've decided I can't continue working on this. I need to start focusing on my responsibilities in life and my skills aren't worth what I'd need to keep programming. I feel bad for getting your hopes up and not being able to complete this. In a few days I'll be uploading my code and notes, once I add some comments to make them more understandable. If I get the time I'll try to finish getting to character selection so anyone who wants to continue will have a clear starting point.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:00 am 
New Kid

Aw man... :cry:
Well, I wish the best for you bro. Taking a project like this for one single person alone is definitely tough, which is why I'm not too upset about you having to divert from bringing DR back online to your own situations in life. Games are no where near as important as life itself (for most of us, including me..). Plus; you got pretty far before drawing the line, so I definitely give you a lot of credit. It sucks that you got as far as you did and now you have to stop, but it was a good run. Hopefully you or someone will continue working on this (HOPEFULLY someone as good as you :mrgreen: ) in the near future, but for now I guess that's it. Thanks for all the progress you've made; it gave new hope for a game that everybody thought would be gone and forgotten as time passes by. :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 pm 
New Kid

Glad to see you're passing on the progress you've made. I'll try to pick up where you left off once my winter break starts. I don't know too much about this stuff, but I'll give it my best shot. Sorry to hear you're not going to be able to continue, but you made the right decision, life is more important than gaming.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 pm 
New Kid

I appreciate you guys being so understanding. Hopefully my code and notes are readable now, but there should be less need to know how logging in works since i did end up getting to the blank character select screen.

Anyone wanting to continue this will need to look up disassemblers/debuggers and some tutorials on how to use them. I uploaded my code and notes here. There are instructions to get your client working included, but if anyone still has their client installed and hasn't ran it since the game shut down upload your \logs\DungeonRunners.log to pastebin before you do anything. If anyone still has their build 666 client, that will probably be needed soon too.

I feel like a mom giving a list of instructions to her babysitter, but i think that's it. Goodluck to you all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:26 pm 
Armchair Warrior

So many years have gone by now and i still havent found a game as addicting and fun as this one was. good job on trying to get the game up again though, hopefully dungeon runners returns to us one day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 pm 
New Kid
 YIM  Profile

Alright everyone I'm going to try to pick up where Maxammus left off. Like he said before I will need that log file if anyone still has it. Actually the whole game folder would be great too (if possible). Let's see if we can get this thing going finally.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:42 am 
Armchair Warrior
 WWW  Profile

OH MY FUCKING GOD A DUNGEON RUNNERS SERVER EMULATOR! I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY TO SEE THIS!

I barely check the forums, I don't even log in most of the time and now this guy posts in Dungeon Runners Refugees FB page about running DR and I was like

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:38 pm 
New Kid

SOOOOO glad to see someone pick this project back up so quickly! If those log files can be gotten off of the Dungeon Runners disc, then I'll get them tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:01 am 
New Kid
 YIM  Profile

If you could rip your disc into an iso and send it to me that would be great. If anyone can help me please add me on some kind of social media. My name on literally anything from Steam to Twitter is jastherin. Add me on Facebook even just do /jastherin after facebook.com. I'm trying to get this thing as far as I can before school starts back up mid January.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:21 pm 
Armchair Warrior
 WWW  Profile

This seems to be the game's client with Chunk 1:
http://www.fileplanet.com/177318/170000 ... ith-Chunk-

I'm downloading it now to see if it is working, but my net is garbage right now (stupid ADSL), so it will take a few hours, but it seems to be the newest client I could find that doesn't rely on seeds to get.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:08 pm 
Rabbit Puncher

i will download it too, i will replay if it works

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:29 am 
Armchair Warrior
 WWW  Profile

To install it, I have to uninstall Lineage 2, as the game requires older version of NC Launcher. It seems to be working and AVG says it is virus free, I just can't install it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:49 pm 
New Kid

I believe there's a command line argument you can use to run without NC launcher? Don't know it off the top of my head though

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:41 am 
New Kid

Sorry for the delay on getting the .iso set up for you guys,
I have it now, just need to upload it somewhere so anybody can download it. :)