It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Server Emulator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:16 pm 
New Kid

Dear god! i'm so exited i cant even think right now, hoping for the best!!

All of the luck for you guys trying to make this possible again. (once again, huge thanks!)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:01 am 
New Kid

God, thanks a lot, I want to play this game again before dying, thank you very much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:21 pm 
New Kid

Agh, I apologize for the serious delay on putting the files up. I tried doing it Friday (Feb 20th) by uploading it to MediaFire as a .zip due to not being able to find the .iso I made when I first said I had it, but it oddly was stuck at a "Verifying" stage for about 3 or so hours, until it actually finished. However, now if I try to locate it in my uploaded files, it doesn't show up, so I'm not sure why that could've been.
On the contrary though; I will make another .iso file from the disc and attempt to upload it on a number of sites until it presumably works. As a hint though: the disc itself has a installer on it, and I haven't tried using it yet, so I don't know what build version it is. I'm sure it'll help somehow though! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:36 pm 
Armchair Warrior

god bless i will have no life if this game becomes a thing again

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:00 am 
New Kid

count me in, Very happy to see this in the stages of coming back. Now is just need to get a hold of Pharque and we can pk again xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:51 am 
New Kid

Sorry again guys for the prolonged length of time between my posts, I've been dealing with a number of things in real life that have required my undivided attention for quite some time, such as work, school, and other family issues.
Not in any way am I saying that I have or am going to give up any time soon, because I promise you that I am not. Once I get some free time once again, I will attempt to make another .iso with the files from the disk and locate another file-sharing website where I should have no problems uploading the file to. As soon as I get that done, I will post another reply to this thread, informing you guys about the success.
Aside from that, I am going to make an attempt to also post on here at least once a month from now on, mainly to display to you guys that there's still hope. I am also going to post around to see if I can gather up either one or more programmers who have the capability and the willingness to take on the project started by Max quite some time ago, so if anything happens from now and next month, I'll post a reply below.
Thanks to those who have hung on for as long as they have. Hopefully the wait isn't too much longer. :/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:10 am 
New Kid

SO glad to see a reply. The absolute best of luck, hoping to hear from you soon again!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:30 pm 
New Kid

Hey guys, I have a tiny update; I re-ripped the files from my DR disc, packed it into an .iso, and packed it into a .zip file in an attempt to giving me the ability to upload it to MediaFire. If the upload does not work, I guess I'll try to attach the .zip to my next reply. In the meantime though, I hope you guys are still around and check back from time to time, which if you are, try your best to find people with programming capabilities. I've sent out YT comments on several DR videos the day I replied last, and will send out more YT comments on programming videos later tonight.
Aside from all of that, I also hope everyone is doing well, and is having a wonderful summer! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:22 pm 
Actual Hawk

Here. Summer's nearly over. To think that I played this game when I was 4th grade elementary, now 4th year high... Over seven years... Well, I'm still not ready for programming stuff, but I'm available for anything else. :drsrolleyes:

By the way, anyone got news on our old programmers on DR? :P

Started DR: May 2008
Membership: Fulltime
Reached Level 100: New Year 2008-2009
Stopped DR: The Last Moment

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:08 am 
New Kid

Maxammus wrote:

Definitely.
I think everyone who is registered on this forum would still be interested, lol.
The interest for bringing dungeon runners back never goes away honestly.
I still -> crave <- this game, I just never found anything again that was as fun as DR.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:45 pm 
New Kid

C#/VB.net/Java developer, no professional experience, lots of 'completed' small projects, 1st year in college. I would love to get in on this if it's still going and could use the help. I've been following this site since 2011, and knowing that I'm not the only one with that longing to butcher those 'rats'... I miss my bling gnome.

Membership: $5 till December 31, 2009 at 11:59pm
Reached Level 100: September 23rd, 2008
I played DR: Till the last Sneak-Easy Rat hit the ground.. :'(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 am 
New Kid

For those of you following the project, check out the Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/189841361029937/. There's posts on there that don't make it to the forums, and vice-versa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:09 pm 
New Kid

Hey bud, I just had an idea, why dont you request funding on kickstarter and hire programmers and stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:25 am 
New Kid

Cool project. I mention DR to people all the time, at the SotA forums mostly, 100% of them have never heard of it. Their loss. Dungeon Runners was 100% a spoof of World of Warcraft, DR was 1 million times better, based on a million factors, less is more type factors. DR had many elements from other MMOs as well, even Diablo 2 was an inspiration. The types of weapons, the main town. The humor in the NPCs reminded me of Monkey Island. It was just over the top enjoyable to play. I bought Dungeon Runners at Walmart after seeing the ad, so I could get the bling gnome. Bring back bling gnomes please! And for those that don't know there were 2 diff types of bling gnomes, yellow ones and black ones, but at the last second they cancelled the black bling gnomes. Anyway was an amazing game.

VonLeon wrote:
Hey bud, I just had an idea, why dont you request funding on kickstarter and hire programmers and stuff.

Has anyone contacted the owners of the IP? Has it expired? I'm sure it's been long enough to be considered expired, but the original team members or IP holders might be interested if a kickstarter were made for their game. If you could get one on board it would be successful. The bling gnomes alone, I only had the chance to hang out with my bling gnome buddy for 1 month before the game went down. So I only had 1 month to enjoy one of the best MMORPGs ever made. It was full of comedy and was a spoof, but that comedy and not taking itself so seriously is the edge that made the game better than most games today.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:57 am 
New Kid

Hahahahaha, yeah, although I didnt have a gnome, I was thinking on getting one soon, the fact that it picked up useless dropps and pooped them as gold was priceless.