It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dungeon runners private server
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:21 am 
New Kid

wasa, if i remember right you ran abby with a kick ass ice non stop at one point lol. i was lvl 100 with a setup for every kinda build including a devastating reflect build.
but id be more than happy to start over just to play. started playing dragon nest in the mean time. so happy to see the new posts. lets keep it going!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:48 am 
Actual Hawk

Posse: Jesus of Suburbia

Yeah, but I was more about the pvp :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:42 pm 
New Kid

i got into pvp towards the end. didn't realize how fun it was till to late.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:52 am 
New Kid

Guess who the fuck is back!!! [IRyuI] [HotHare] ---------------> Keep the posting up, keep this shit alive, maybe someday this all will be back up!! :]]]]]]]]]]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:23 am 
New Kid

If this game makes it back out I'll never need to upgrade my computer again. yay!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:56 am 
Actual Hawk

Welcome to the DR forums iryui! :)
And i hope this "shit" will be back alive soon 2.

Whats up?

Started DR: May 2008
Membership: Fulltime
Reached Level 100: New Year 2008-2009
Stopped DR: The Last Moment

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:49 pm 
New Kid

Hey, anyone actually started working on scripting their side of hte game? or know where to get it atleast.. or better yet, already have it? This isnt going to fall into our laps, u know. :| id go for anything, single player or multiplayer, doesnt matter to me how we make it.. i just want to be able to play again, i had 7 different characters all level 100, +1 that was under lvl 10 and geared with all rainbow xD Praise the Well of Fortune :P lolz[/size]

Btw, should Darthninja read this, ive heard a quite the gathering of good things about you.. my friends seem to know u from somwhere :)

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:18 am --

rvnknight wrote:
All right boys and girls, I started the reverse engineering of the server today. So far I have a list of host-names and files it looks for to download and update with. I'll be modifying my host file to reflect some of this information (such as adding: http://launcher.patcher.ncsoft.com/ and http://www.ncsoft.com to redirect to my internal web servers). I report back in on the 3rd of January, so if I have at least a rudimentary server built, I'll post it my site and we can see how it works from there.

Here's a list of what I'm going to have to have on the server as a base, if you find I'm missing anything, please let me know... as for the graphics and map files, I hope we have everything on the CD distro (which I will create an ISO of and redist as well--the game was free so there shouldn't be an issue with that.) I will say that we will be playing a version from a few years back before a few things were added and updated...but at least we'll have a base.

Here's the list:

1) VB-SQL interface for the database portions (don't feel like having to code more crap than I need to)
2) a secondary interface to create, edit, and remove accounts
3) a secondary interface to add, update, remove, etc, the contents of the database other than user data.

Now, for any NCSoft employee reading this:

The server I am making is NOT designed specifically for DungeonRunners, but one of my own games I am creating later this year and will not be for profit any way. If you at corporate have an issue with what I am doing, please contact me and we can discuss this matter in depth. The fact my server will be able to support more than just my games is nothing more than a by-product of the way I am coding it--in a very general way.
(soap-box time)
In addition to that fact, you as a company have decided that you will not support the game even though there is a rather large market for it, which does us a rather large injustice and should have been more responsible for your actions--you are the first company I have ever heard of that shutdown a game's servers because you didn't want to keep it running. With that, I know of games that failed miserably almost a decade ago and still have their servers running and maintain them because of the fans.
(end soap-box)

On that note, back to decoding the protocols.

Later Runners...

ok, im not with the Dungeon Runners ppl but i know thats wrong :|
they didnt want to shut down, and they know that 1000s still wish to play.. but it wasnt profitable at the time, and they dont want to risk more loss of money... ive talked and talked, i can run the entire server off my 1 computer, tho they didnt like that idea, it wouldnt cost them money, just that they email me the server-side info, all their staff would gain adminship and i would be recieved as the owner of the game, tho they would ofcorse recieve credit for the making of the entire game.

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 am --

I just submitted a Request to NCSoft Support, hopefully they will forward it to the creater of the idea of Dungeon Runners, or whoever was last incharge of it.. that which i said is the following..

I was wondering, Im sure you all are aware of the thousands and thousands that wish to play again, there are atleast 100fansites that have grouped "(fansitename)refuge" such as "dungeonrunnersrefugees.com" and i was thinking, the problem was what? money to pay staff? i think i can fix that, my computer should be capable of running a 100 person server entirely on its own, basicly.. im thinking u all give me the server-side info and i can host your product, i will not request any charge, a free-membership would be nice tho.. :) just an idea i had, my 4gig memory + 800gig harddrive + the best video card for gaming money can buy, or my dad can build :P (hes an expert at that kinda thing)

Membership: $5 till December 31, 2009 at 11:59pm
Reached Level 100: September 23rd, 2008
I played DR: Till the last Sneak-Easy Rat hit the ground.. :'(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:02 pm 
New Kid

and update on this?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm 
Actual Hawk

Any updates?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 am 
New Kid
 WWW  Profile

No updates at this time...

Had a computer crash (the one I was programming it all on) and I've been trying to pull the data off for the last few weeks... I have 2weeks of leave starting tomorrow and I hope that I can pull some of the data off and make it work again... I don't know if I mentioned on the last posts I made (forgot how long ago) but I found an entry in a config file in the NCSoft/DR folders that actually makes it bypass the NCSoft screens and can allow it to point to a custom webpage/etc... as well as part of the port information. Still working on the handshake portion... I'll ask again: if anyone knows anything about how the DR client connected and talked to the DR server(s), please let me know. That one thing will be able to knock off ALOT of time during the development process of the server.

Blog updated as I progress through the server creation:
http://www.renegadeknight.com/blog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:07 pm 
Actual Hawk

Mate anything new? Any progress?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:39 pm 
Rabbit Puncher

i guess it wont be any DR private server, sorry to say this but that's the truth.
It;s hard to make one without the original scripts and files. Only some programmers can do it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:21 pm 
New Kid
 WWW  Profile

Please remember that I am Active Duty US Army and they tend to throw me to the wind on a whim. I am still working on the server; it does take time when I don't know the way the client communicates. It may take some time for me to finish it, but it will be finished...

Blog updated as I progress through the server creation:
http://www.renegadeknight.com/blog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:33 pm 
Armchair Warrior

dont be rushing through it man.....its great to hear your making good progress and we all got other things to do till then :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 pm 
New Kid

Might I interject with an inquisition as to the progress of le Dungeon Runners server? I would very much enjoy to run the dungeons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next